The BXVI Retreat Centre has been totally redeveloped so that the Centre has fresh, new facilities of an excellent standard, which will appeal to retreat, school, community, church and conference guests.
At the very heart of the Centre is the magnificent, architect-designed Chapel, a wonderful place to find spiritual peace and time for reflection. With traditional pew seating for up to 200 people, the Chapel has been created to inspire its visitors and to provide many opportunities for teaching. Within the Chapel is a choir loft which can accommodate approximately 20 people.
A full Mass kit including hosts and wine for consecration will be supplied by the Centre and made available to Catholic guests, but groups will need to arrange for their own priest to attend for Mass.
Alternative spaces for worship can be made available to groups of other faiths.
More information about the Chapel.
A short stroll away from the Chapel, guests will find two accommodation wings with thoughtfully appointed rooms, sleeping up to four in comfortable bunk-beds.
Linen can be supplied by the Centre at an additional cost.
All rooms have ensuite bathrooms.
Special accommodation has been designed for group supervisors/leaders and teachers, which can be used flexibly – either as twin share or single rooms.
More information about the Accommodation
A common room is located adjacent to each accommodation block for use by small groups, teachers and group supervisors. Each common room is equipped with TV and DVD player with lounges and comfortable seating as well as tea and coffee making facilities.
More information about the Accommodation
Catering, kitchens and dining hall
The large commercial kitchen caters for all guests, serving seasonal, fresh food from breakfast through to post-dinner snacks. The dining room is the available to retreat guests for all meals. It can seat up to 150 people inside and can also accommodate outdoor dining on the veranda. Cafe blinds and patio heaters on the veranda ensure it can be used even during the cooler months of winter.
More information about Catering.
Multi-functional halls and break-out rooms
The Main Hall has seating for 160 conference-style but it can be configured for large or small groups with moveable tables
and chairs. The hall has one large break-out space and four smaller break-out spaces each of which can accommodate
smaller groups, depending on configuration. Each room comes equipped with folding mobile rectangular tables which can be set up according to need.The Minor Hall has seating for up to 80 conference- style and an area for smaller groups, configurable according to groups needs.
The centre offers wireless connectivity for internet access in all buildings and outdoor common areas. Internet access can be customised as required with unique codes being generated for each group or each guest.
Access codes will only be provided to group leaders/supervisors who can then control their group members’ access to the available wifi.
- BOSE audio system with radio microphone, 12 microphone inputs, 6 line level inputs (for CD, ipod etc). The system is fully automated to adjust audio level without the need for technical expertise
- Video projection: @ 7000 lumen (very bright) HD projection system. VGA and HDMI inputs for all computer types including newer and old computers and Macs. All signals are managed to remove the need for changing settings on computers
- Control System: touch screen control system
- Audio System: BOSE audio system, radio microphone, 6 microphone inputs, 6 line level inputs (for CD, iPod etc). The system is fully automated to adjust audio level without the need for technical expertise
- Video Projection: 5000 Lumen (Bright) HD projection system, VGA and HDMI inputs for all computer types including newer and old computer and Macs. All signals are managed to remove the need for changing settings on computers
- Control System: Touch screen control system
- Speaker coverage for audience and choir areas
- 12 Microphone Inputs
- 12 Line Level Inputs (for CD, iPod, Musical instruments)
- CD player
- iPod Dock
- 2 radio microphone kits with lapel and hand held microphonesTouch screen control system managing all facets of the AV system.
Sporting and games facilities
The Centre offers a number of sporting and games facilities to guests:
- indoor/outdoor recreation building with table tennis and board games (monopoly, Pictionary, scrabble, connect 4 etc)
- all purpose ball-court marked out for tennis and basketball, tennis net, tennis racquets and balls are available at the Centre
- full size beach volleyball court – net and balls are available at the Centre
- swimming pool
- large playing field
The following sports/games equipment is available for use by guests at the Centre:
- Table tennis table, racquets and balls
- Soccer balls and portable soccer goals
- Basketballs for use on the all purpose ball court
- Volleyballs for use on beach volleyball court (permanent net on court)
- Cricket Set for use on the oval
- Tennis Racquets and balls (tennis net available on all purpose court)
There are laundry facilities in each Accommodation block which can be used by guests for ad hoc needs –these are not commercial laundries.
The Centre is equipped with a First Aid Kit and defibrillator and our onsite managers both have first aid training.